FiSF Application 2015
The mission of Fashion Incubator San Francisco, a non-profit, 501c3 corporation, is to accelerate emerging apparel and accessories design businesses while supporting fashion industry economic growth and job creation in the San Francisco Bay Area. Participants receive individualized mentoring from fashion industry experts and business development professionals. We help members stay current on industry trends through educational courses and free access to our public programs that bring together the regional design community. We offer low-cost design studio space, a salesroom and high-profile opportunities to showcase new lines. Fashion Incubator San Francisco is for entrepreneurs who are serious about scaling their existing businesses.
The FiSF program is focused on individualized fashion mentoring and business development. Designers are required to create a SWOT analysis as the foundation for building a business development plan with specific milestones. Benchmarks are provided for periodic performance evaluations to measure progress. FiSF mentors are fashion industry experts and include product and line development specialists. FiSF also provides access to professional services that support branding, finance, marketing and sales.
FiSF offers monthly core classes and workshops. Designers are expected to attend all core classes and mentor meetings.
The designers have shared office and showroom space, sample production space, and a conference room. The designers receive 4 hours a month of one-on-one mentoring with business and fashion industry professionals. Additional professional mentoring will be charged at the non-profit rate. There is a fee of $600 per month for rent and overhead, which includes internet access.
The FiSF program begins March 23, 2015. The designers are expected to complete the business development plan as scheduled. After completing the program, alumni are encouraged to stay connected through various programs and events.
Applicants to Fashion Incubator San Francisco must:
• Reside in the San Francisco Bay Area.
• Be 21 years of age or older.
• Be a U.S. citizen or able to work in the United States (documentation required).
• Have an established fashion business (at least one year) in the San Francisco Bay Area (financial documentation required).
• Have documented product sales in at least one retail account or direct to consumer. Documentation could include invoices, purchase orders, production orders and sales receipts.
• Create a SWOT analysis of their businesses.
• Participate in all FiSF events that showcase apparel (existing lines and/or lines in development while at FiSF) and/or events that promote the FiSF organization.
• Submit the FiSF application fee of $50.00.
• Pay the $600 FiSF rent monthly for contracted term.
• Fund their businesses. FiSF does not provide funding.
The FiSF program is for designers with existing businesses. Current fashion design students ARE NOT Eligible.
Applications are due no later than Friday, December 19th, 2014 at 5:00 pm PST.
Please mail 3 copies of the application and the $50.00 application fee to:
Fashion Incubator San Francisco
170 O’Farrell Street 7 East
San Francisco, CA 94102.
All applicants selected to continue in the application process are expected to be available January 10th-11th 2015 to participate in a face-to-face interview with the FiSF review panel. Applicants must bring 5 samples of their work for review and documentation of product sales.
The chosen designers will be publicly announced March 2, 2015. The program begins Monday, March 23, 2015.
The following application form PDF can be filled out, printed and saved using Adobe Reader version 8 or higher.